Powder Tower is one of the oldest medieval towers in Prague. It was constructed in 1475 by the architect Matej Rejsek. Powder Tower is standing where the fortification wall and the gate to the Prague Old Town used to be located. Its name comes from 17th century when it was used as a storage for gunpowder.
The Powder Tower stands on the Namesti Republiky (Republic Square Prague) right next to the Municipal House.
The tower is opened for visits daily from 10am till 6pm. The entrance is 100czk for adults.